If your everyday work requires some serious tools of the trade, or you’re serious about off-road play, you need to consider whether your vehicle is exceeding its GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass). The stock suspension components of many modern 4WDs are a compromise designed for the comfort expected by the mass market. If your vehicle regularly carries heavy loads, or is fitted with accessories such as bull bars, long range tanks, winches, side steps, recovery kit or similar, it potentially exceeds its GVM, which is illegal and can be hazardous.
The experts at Capital Steering & Suspension can ensure your vehicle complies with state or federal requirements, and that it is able to handle your individual usage without compromising performance or safety. Most GVM upgrades can be completed in a single day, so we’ll make sure your vehicle is not sitting idle for any longer than necessary.
A full list of GVM Upgrades available are listed below.
- Toyota Landcruiser- GVM UPGRADE- FEDERAL COMPLIANCE
- LC76 Wagon-3660kg
- LC78 Troop Carrier- 3900kg
- LC79 Cab Chassis (Single and Dual Cab) 3/07 on build date- 3900kg
- LC79 Cab Chassis (Single Cab- 5 Star ANCAP Model) 1/17 on build date- 4200kg
- Nissan Patrol Cab Chassis Y61- GVM UPGRADE 3900kg- STATE COMPLIANCE ONLY
- Toyota Hilux 4WD KUN26 03/05 to 09/15- GVM UPGRADE 3300kg- STATE COMPLIANCE ONLY
- Toyota Hilux 4WD GUN126R 10/15 on- GVM UPGRADE 3500kg- FEDERAL COMPLIANCE
- Toyota Landcruiser 200 Series Wagon- GVM UPGRADE 3800kg- FEDERAL COMPLIANCE
- Ford Ranger PX 4WD- GVM UPGRADE 3500kg- FEDERAL COMPLIANCE
- Mazda BT50 4WD- GVM UPGRADE 3500kg- FEDERAL COMPLIANCE
- Isuzu D Max 4WD 01/12 on- GVM UPGRADE 3600kg- FEDERAL COMPLIANCE
- Toyota Prado 150 Series Wagon- GVM UPGRADE 3500kg- FEDERAL COMPLIANCE
Contact us today via the contact form or phone, and we’ll find a suitable time to ensure your vehicle is compliant, and back on the road in the shortest possible time.